Monday, November 30, 2009

the Inspiration!


Well, guess its already December.. kinda a bit late to post this Art project, but when the festivals arrive, there's just things to do that kept you busy.
As a reminder to all of you who are a fan of this blog, December month is going to be hectic for me as I might be traveling here and there. But I still have some Art I'm currently doing and I might show it to all of you in about few days time. Probably, if I'm in luck, I might just dedicate one post for all the many Arts I might find during my travel. Well, let see how it goes. *winks*

Ok, back to the project. This project came to the idea when 2 of my good friends were going to celebrate their birthdays. And so, I was thinking of creating a Card Holder/Sculpture. The design of the card holders were based upon the things that reminded me a lot of them. Fath has been a good friend of mine since we were in Form 1, and I started to know Lan, from Fiqa and he seems to be the one very happy go lucky amongst the guys in our group. Thus, from all of that, came the Inspiration.



I will elaborated more on the card holders further down together with the pictures, so let's move on to the Materials used for this project.

1. Paper Clay
2. CardBoard Circle base
3. Cutter
4. Steel Wire
5. Water as for gluing
6. Poster Colour
7. Clear Spray
8. Coloured Papers for the Card

Tips: It is best not to work in an air-cond room or with the fan on. The clay will dry faster. But if u wish to turn it on, just sprinkle water everything you leave it unattended. Water is the best for gluing and also helps to soften the clay a bit so that it is easier to mould. To curled up the the steel wire, it is best to use a pencil to guide you. And to make sure the colour is permanent so that it doesnt run down, Clear sprayed it. It helps the clay to give a shiny look.

Now, let's go to the end product, Tadaaa...



the Overall Look.
( the pictures are a bit shaking coz I was in a hurry to get this done)


 

 Design no.1 : 
the Chocolate Cake with drooling Raspberry Cream and Lemon Flavoured Smiley Faces
( for Lan, the happy-go-lucky dude), the 2nd picture shows the backside of the sculpture.

 

Design no.2:
Happy Two Friends in an Open Green Field of a Playground.
( for Fath, who has been a good friend of mine ) Loving the Colourful Words on the tree bark.




the Card Holders and the Cards.
the Card for each design is the continuation of the concept for the holders. the Steel wire acts as a string for the balloons above which sticks on the card itself. Get it? Cake with balloon & confetti, the friends with the skies & balloon. well, nvrmnd! humhum..



the Cards, up close.

Love how the Card Holders look? Well, why not try and make them yourself! Instead of buying it from the typical art shop that will cost about RM25 or RM30, hey, the clay is only RM4.50. So, go figure! Hehe. 

Hum, I feel like make another one. Maybe for a Valentines Day later on next year? Ohh..that'll be so cute with the hearts & kisses made from clay. Ow well, lets just wait and see for the next coming art that I'll make..

Enjoy your ArtDay
Tuddless Everyone~

2 comments:

mio said...

i sangat suke yang ini!!! sebab sangat lawa dan u yang buat~ hahaha... nak satu!!! hehehe... well done Zafira~

Syima said...

sgt comel!! me likey~