Monday, October 05, 2009

the Gardens

I was thinking of posting this tomorrow, but I was just too excited making this project that I wanna post a blog for it the soonest. So, here it goes. The theme for this project is 'the Gardens', I browsed through my favourite arts& craft books, and found a few things that I might wanna used for the theme. Well, it is mostly Invitations Cards for a Garden Party, but there's the Flowers,Bees&Butterflies Chandelier which is still underconstruction and I will not put in together for this post. Just wait and see these couple of days, if I can manage to finish it and I'll try post it the quickest I can for all viewing.

In the intro, I did mention about the art book that I refer most doing this craft. If you can, buy the book! It's an interesting book if you're excited 'bout making Cards and Gift Wrappers. Wanna know the name of the book? 1) Handmade Gift Cards by Cheryl Owen and 2) Creative Gift Wrapping by Gill Dickinson. Find it, and you wont be disappointed! I'm sure...
Alright, back to the project. The first Craft that I made is the 3D Flower Cards. It's so cute, and pretty, and nice to be set as a Door Gift, Invitations, or a simple Table Centre Piece, if you like. As for me, I would like it being an Invitation Card. There are 3 types of design that I made, a simple Daisy, double Daisy and also Small Weed Flower. I jazzed up the Flower Pot by putting a wood cover made from Balsa Wood.


the 3D Flower Cards
 the Single Red Daisy
 the Double Purple Daisy
 the Small Weed Flower


The 2nd type of Invitation Card that I made is a sort-of like a 3D but it looks 2D at the same time. It's a 1 Flower Piece Card, and there are 2 types, a White Daisy Folded Card and a Sunflower 1 Piece Card. I specially made this interactive by making the Petals rotable. You can play with the Flowers! Its a rather simple design front but I really like the flowers! Wow, Im so flower power today~..

the White Daisy Folded Card




the Sunflower 1 Piece Card






Tell me watcha think 'bout the Invitation Cards I design, and I hope you all like it. Do give some feedback as I will try to improve my art skill and will present it to you! Have fun browsing through and wait for the next project.... Flowers,Bees&Butterflies Chandelier. Im still working a lot on it, so, I will post it soon.Tuddles~




Perfect as a Simple Present too~!

4 comments:

mio said...

wa!!! i suke kesemuenye... wa!!! tapi i dah dapat yang u buat for the first time~ hehehe... yeah, keep it up sayang!!!

mio said...

we~ flowers and flowers... like u!!!

Syima said...

babe, i suggest u buat pop-up cards! mesti sgt best!

the Crafter said...

yeaa.. tuh la.. since u request it, i shall give it a try, nnt i postkan kt sini... :D